Middlesbrough College is pleased to announce that 15 Sports Scholarships will be offered across a range of sports to further enhance the College’s growth in sporting successes.
Middlesbrough College offers talented athletes the opportunity to train and study in a performance environment with top quality coaches and facilities. These scholarships will include the following for the successful applicants:
* Free iPad/laptop
* Free sports academy training kit
* Free gym membership
* Free physiotherapy and massage
* Assistance with costs for representative teams
* Free transport to and from the College
Middlesbrough College offers 12 Sporting Academies including:
* Volleyball (male and female)
* Football (male and female)
* Gymnastics (male and female)
* Table Tennis
The Sports Academies are designed for 16-19 year olds and operate professionally to develop sporting excellence, nurture natural talent and aid personal development. You must be enrolled on a Full-Time course at Middlesbrough College to be eligible to apply for a place and if you are successful in securing an Academy place then prepare yourself for a total of 9 hours coaching, training and fixtures per week.
These Academies provide an excellent opportunity for students to develop their skills and compete at the highest levels whilst studying their desired academic course.
Benefits for all Academy players include:
* 6-9 hours professional coaching
* Pre-season screening
* High quality performance coaching
* Free access to sports injury clinic
* Free massage therapy
* Free strength and conditioning training and programming
* Performance analysis
* Sport Science support which includes nutritional advice and psychological profiling
* Assistance towards achieving coaching qualifications
Learners must be studying on a Full-Time academic course
Learners must be of county standard or above
The Sports Academies are based at Middlesbrough College, Dock Street, Middlesbrough. The College also use external venues such as Middlesbrough Rugby Club and Eston Sports Academy.
Academic and Sporting Progression:
Successful completion of your studies combined with achieving 100% attendance at all training sessions and match fixtures relating to your chosen Sports Academy, will improve your skill, talent and academic level.
Belonging to a Sports Academy will improve your chances of progressing to and being accepted by an elite sports institution either here in the UK or in the USA.
The coaches here at Middlesbrough College have excellent contacts in the UK and in the USA.